Honoring Our Pastors
On a recent Sunday, we took time to recognize our pastors and thank them for their service to our church. We see God’s grace in them and experience God’s grace through them! Below are ways that we want to seek to honor these men, their wives, and their families.
– – – – – – – – –
WAYS TO HONOR OUR PASTORS
(excerpts take from Cadre Ministries’ 7 Biblical Ways God Wants You to Encourage Your Pastor Booklet)
- Pray specifically and consistently for our pastor (and his wife and family). // 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Give freely of time, talents and spiritual gifts so that our pastor can direct the affairs of the church—rather than the pastor doing the entire ministry alone. // 1 Timothy 5:17
- Give cheerfully and liberally to God to provide for the physical and material needs of our pastor’s family. // 1 Timonthy 5:17-18
- Refuse to listen to or spread gossip about our pastor. // 1 Timothy 5:19 + Proverbs 17:4
- Lovingly and privately correct our pastor when there is sin and offer grace on issues of style and preference. // Matthew 18:15
- Do everything in my power to make sure our pastor flourishes in family relationships (spouse and children). // 1 Timothy 3:5
- Obey and submit to the leadership and oversight of our pastors/elders. // Hebrews 13:17
HONORING OUR PASTOR’S WIFE
- Do not put too many expectations on the pastor’s wife. Remember, it is her husband that has been called to ministry. Her primary calling is to her husband and children. // Proverbs 31:27-28
- Let her have a husband and enjoy her family time. The pastor is pulled in many directions. If you can limit your demands on his schedule to his normal working hours it will help the pastor’s wife have a family life also.